1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st attempt at aquascaping

Discussion in 'Aquarium & Aquascaping Journals' started by Chris521957, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Paraguay

Paraguay Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    I thinking on the lines of minimal, as moss manic post,planting and with the very nice hardscape as the moss grows keep trimming and it looks very natural, let it grow too much and it will detract from the look of the scape. Just my thoughts and small leaved varieties of Java Fern common Java tends to grow very large leafs in the right conditions

2. Chris521957

Chris521957 Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    This moss doesn't grow very fast, so I think the trimming will be no problem. I have listed my plant choice in the 1st post, but this can change. I do want some tall growing vallis to hide the heater and outlet pipe to my filter. I am also thinking just anubias between the rockwork. I will be placing some more moss on the rock and wood today so will post another pic tonight for comments. I don't want to put too much on the rocks and cover them as I like the effect they give. \Thanks Chris.

3. Chris521957

Chris521957 Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    3487551B-3AA0-4D6B-9027-6C205DAB811C. Little bit of a play, comments please.

Paraguay, Keith and moss-maniac like this.
  4. Keith

Keith Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Chris

It's looking great. Now for the finishing touches.
    The large white pathway is looking very bare and uninteresting. I would like to see a mix of small rocks to pebble size scattered every where then lightle press them in to give that large area a very natural appeal.

Keith:cathug::wabi-kusa:

5. Chris521957

Chris521957 Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Kieth, i will try that. The moss on the rocks and wood is not yet attached, i will be doing that at the weekend, then order some plants and hopefully flood it next weekend.

Keith likes this.
  6. Keith

Keith Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Chris

Take everything slowly now and get perfect the first time.

Keith:cathug::wabi-kusa:

7. Chris521957

Chris521957 Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    45EA7DC3-0309-41B4-86C9-BDCBDCB41B55. This is how the path is looking now. I dont want to hide it as i plan to have some corries in here.

8. Keith

Keith Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Chris

It's looking good as it ages it will look even better. I would consider a small piece of the same plant as front LH side in front of the front rock RH side.

Keith :cathug::wabi-kusa: