1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Glass Box Gardens would like to wish every member a Merry and a very safe Christmas. Don’t forget to pop in and say hello. You can let us know how your Aquariums etc are going. [IMG]https://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/keithgh/HUMOUR%20MIXED/Aquarium%20%20Xmas%202018%20_edited-1.jpg[/IMG] From Jason the Founder and Keith Administrator
    Dismiss Notice

ATTENTION Photobucket Users!

Discussion in 'Site Related' started by Jason King, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Jason King

Jason King Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Address:
    United Kingdom
    I wanted to let you know that Photobucket decided to start charging users to hotlink photos..

700cdaa6-2c9a-49d7-bd19-eb759c55e651.

The move has sparked fury from users, who have relied on the service for years and now feel “blackmailed” into paying the subscription fee.

with this it also means millions are forums and blogs now have no images.

Im not sure how this affects the previous photobucket images but I thought it was a good time to let you know that with the new software uploading your images here is easier than ever :)

Upload when creating a post or upload to the gallery and bbcode that upload into your post.

2. Keith

Keith Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Jason
    I pay a yearly fee to PB so I can store more photos that might be the reason why I am not effected.

Keith:cathug::cathug:

Jason King likes this.
  3. Jason King

Jason King Founder

Address:
    United Kingdom
    Keith that's great news, on a personal note I think it a terrable thing that they have done this, be prepared for them to go bankrumpt now as I've been reading lots about it and 1000s of users are now leaving them. It's ruined the internet in a big way, posts and blogs that are years old (no longer updated but have very good information) have now gone thanks to them.

I already had an add-on that converts linked images to attachments automatically but for many others it a shame.

4. Keith

Keith Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Jason
    All my photos are on my MS Explorer as well its just a matter of working out so the photo can be posted.
    upload_2017-7-22_18-52-37.

I sent an e/m to myself with this photo as an Attachment and here is the photo nothing to do with PB at all
    Its a Mini BBQ

You can also do an image search
    jPnoqrgekuKZRWqtDCSWYOlGFGXJHxxbkDsSNnuFC3FKMtXrUlOHx-i1bBmRgzRreTQhqA=s85.

Jason King likes this.
  5. Jason King

Jason King Founder

Address:
    United Kingdom
    That BBQ is funny :)

Yes it's also easier to upload images here and attach at the same time as creating the post.

6. Keith

Keith Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Jason

Old brain getting a bit tired that is asking for the image URL or are we talking about something totally different.

7. moss-maniac

moss-maniac Custom Text
    V.I.P Member

Address:
    Germany
    Boah, these are really terrible news Jason - how mean! :(:(:mad:

Yes, it will destroy a lot of forums terribly. This is the reason, why in the german aquaristic FLOWGROW-Forum since years it is not allowed to use photobucket and other photo upload pages...
    If somebody use these, the photos in the post will be deleted by a mod and they ask you, to upload it directly again.

(y) Also in the beginning you have to agree , that your directly uploaded photos have to stay in the forum, even if you want to delete your account one day.

Before also masses of threads had been destroyed, if somebody left the forum and demanded his photos to be deleted, too. (n)

#7 moss-maniac, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  8. Jason King

Jason King Founder

Address:
    United Kingdom
    I fully agree with Tobias and his rule Ev, another reason not to use photo sharing sites is that when a hobbiest get bored and changes there hobby they delete there photo from the sharing site also resulting in a missing image :(

I hate it when you have this amazing thread from years ago but all images are missing.

CarpCharacin and Keith like this.
  9. Keith

Keith Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    I have been doing a bit of research with Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2017 XenForo Ltd and it looks like the safest and most reliable is the "Upload File" .

It is located next to the "Post Reply"
    Click "Upload File" > select your photo, > click on photo and its posted.
    I took this photo in Northern Queensland Australia
    Animals misc Crocodiles Friendly  9-98.

Keith