1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emersed tank temperature

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Jason, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Jason

Jason Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Address:
    United Kingdom
    The last few days in the uk have been hotter than normal and im a little worried about it being to warm for my emersed setup so was wondering what temps you have?

Currently its standing at 88f degrees which means temps have risen at least 10 degrees.

ive opened windows etc so temps droped a few degrees but just be be safe your Input would be great.

2. Greenfinger2

Greenfinger2 Custom Text
    Staff Member Super Moderator

Address:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Jason, It has been hot Makes a change;) The plants will be ok so long as you mist spray them.With opening the windows if the plants are near they could get a draft ?? They wont like it. Another problem we have the temp is never the same over a few days. Last few days nice and hot now it raining and 10 degrees down on the other days drives me nuts & the plants don't like it at all.So i have to put them back under cover now as they started to wilt :( At the end of last year i had to do my W-K in globes they did well with the constant temp and humidity they went right through the winter months i striped them down in Feb :cool:

3. Jason

Jason Founder

Address:
    United Kingdom
    cheers Roy :)

i should not moan about the great weather :D

i have lost a few plants in my tank over the last week due to a human error (i was away from home and someone thought they would be helpful and water the plants but did not recover them :/ ) but the others seem to be doing fine, i did expect to lose a few to be honest its all a part of learning i suppose but not this way. o well :)

4. Jason

Jason Founder

Address:
    United Kingdom
    forgot to add im thinking about moving my setup to the garage permanently but was wondering about the winter months etc and how i can keep temps in the tank the same all year.

any suggestions anyone?

heat matt is no good?
    aquarium heater ?

i don't want to use an electric house heater as they cost to much to run.