1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fertiliser for emmersed growth

Discussion in 'Emersed Growth' started by Paraguay, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Paraguay

Paraguay Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    I have some powdered trace fertiliser from TNC. Trying to work out what to add in say a 500ml spray bottle of cooled boiled water to make a occasional spray foliar feed for emmersed growth plants. Guessing just a pinch ?

2. TimHarrison

TimHarrison Super Moderator
    Staff Member Super Moderator

Address:
    United Kingdom
    I'm not sure about that. But I've used dilute TNC Complete for folia feeding a dry start, 3mls in 1 litre of water. I remember feeling my way cautiously since if the mix is too strong it'll burn the plants.

Paraguay likes this.
  3. Keith

Keith Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Paraguay

I would be on the side of playing it safe. I have three terrariums and all I ever do is just plain tap water as required.

Keith:cathug::wabi-kusa:

Paraguay likes this.
  4. Paraguay

Paraguay Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for advice I am just giving a spray with tank water occasionally taken from top few inches of aquarium at moment for my jar. yeh that's why I was asking Tim have read about the burn
    Keith using tap water have used before and misting emmersed growth and houseplants but then I saw something about Smartwater the best option sold in supermarkets and used that.

Keith and TimHarrison like this.