1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Glass Box Gardens would like to wish every member a Merry and a very safe Christmas. Don’t forget to pop in and say hello. You can let us know how your Aquariums etc are going. [IMG]https://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/keithgh/HUMOUR%20MIXED/Aquarium%20%20Xmas%202018%20_edited-1.jpg[/IMG] From Jason the Founder and Keith Administrator
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The owner and, Administration would like to wish all Members and their families a very safe and, a happy Christmas. Are you doing anything special for your aquarium friends? Regards Keith
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Wishing your and your family a very safe and Happy New Year. Pop in and let us know how your Aquarium is going From Jason the Founder and Keith Administrator
    Dismiss Notice

Growing from seed

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Chris521957, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Chris521957

Chris521957 Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    I am thinking of trying my hand at growing some aquatic plants from seeds. Does anyone have any experience of this or can point me in the direction of a good read? Thanks. Chris.

2. Paraguay

Paraguay Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    Theres plenty of threads about and some success but more failures of what I have seen .From what I gather seeds have been grown but not what was advertised so source is probably important.My own thinking,never have grown plants from seed ,is to obtain from a good reliable company who also sell aquatic plants..

3. Keith

Keith Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Chris

To be perfectly honest I cannot remember any forum discussion on any Aquarium Forum about growing plants from seed. There is some information about Aquarium seed growing on the WWW BUT is it reliable?
    As there are many Aquarium plants there could be as many different planting conditions as in the garden seed plants.

Keith:cathug::wabi-kusa:

4. Chris521957

Chris521957 Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies guys, its just a thought I was having, might never get round to it.

5. Keith

Keith Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Chris
    If and when you start can you start up a Journal please.

Keith:cathug::wabi-kusa:

Paraguay likes this.
  6. Paraguay

Paraguay Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    That would great a journal on growing aquatic seeds. Reading back my comment sounds a bit off putting . Not the intention ;have a go if you wish I was just trying to put the pitfalls of people doing this and biggest starting point seems to be aquatic plant seeds as described not at genuine .

7. Chris521957

Chris521957 Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    Not been put off by anyones comments, and I appreciate them all, that's why I ask. I have been doing a little research and I agree, it is difficult to get the seeds correctly labelled. Maybe I will just try a selection and see what comes from them.

moss-maniac, Paraguay and Keith like this.