1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Members Introductions' started by janey, Jun 30, 2014.

1. janey

janey New Member

Address:
    Canada
    Hello from me, Janey!
    Been a short time since I was bitten by the wabi-kusa bug. I have not done as many as I wish but a few are up & running.
    Some disasters among them, but I just keep trying and learning! I have gone from creating a moss-burger:p to planning a paladarium in a short space of time - too short. I think with the latest bright plan I am going to come a bigtime cropper!:rolleyes:

Really pleased to discover this forum and happy to be among like minded (or is that addicted *wink* ) friends! May this forum prosper! :)

2. Jason King

Jason King Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Address:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Janey and welcome :)

Your not the only one who has had disasters :eek: I also have a nice moss burger but at the same time my other two are looking promising :D

Whats your latest bright plan?

Looking forward to seeing your wabis and other bright plans :)

3. janey

janey New Member

Address:
    Canada
    Hi Kisanjong

Thanks! The big bright plan is to make a paladarium for my Betta fish. I have got the tank, but I get a panic attack everytime I look at it!:eek:
    I have never done anything more than a few little nano tanks so this feels like a big deal for me.
    It's 122cm's long and I want to divide it into 3 areas for the fish. I still need to find a place where they will make the dividers for me out of acrylic or such.
    I'm thinking my two betta males will live on each end and maybe a little number of betta females in the middle for the boys to admire (from afar!). I'm not even sure this is wise - it might hype the whole lot up too much!!!:D
    It'll be a paladarium, preferably low tech as I have no idea about CO2 and such.
    I am still thinking on it - need to figure out filtration :confused:, and so much more! :)

#3 janey, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  4. Greenfinger2

Greenfinger2 Custom Text
    Staff Member Super Moderator

Address:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Janey, Welcome To W-K :) Great to see you here :cool: So looking forward to your upcoming work :)

5. Keith

Keith Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Hello Janey.

A very big welcome to WK

If you have never made a "Mistake" you have never made any thing.

The secret in starting any thing new has one basic rule KIS Keep It Simple it never fails.

You have struck gold by coming to WK not only there are plant experts here, I am a Mod on Aquascaping World plus close to 50 years with Aquariums.

At the moment my suggestion would be concentrate on one idea at a time and when you have mastered that move on to something else and not before long you will be enjoying your hobby far more and making less mistakes.

Re the Betta tank three 40cm is a very good idea proving you have all the correct bits and pieces to run a tank that size.

Betta_home___good_and_bad_by_HymnsOfMisery_edited-1.

I will not comment on the Aquascaping as it leaves too much to desire.

Note the divisions is basically a mesh if you Google "Betta Tank Dividers" also locate a very good LFS and see what is available.

Keith:):)

Attached Files:

6. -serok-

-serok- Member

Address:
    Hi Janey and welcome to Wabi Kusa! ;)