1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing a trick

Discussion in 'Aquarium & Aquascaping Equipment' started by Paraguay, Oct 9, 2018 at 8:13 AM.

1. Paraguay

Paraguay Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    The other day I thought about setting up a small tank for just low tech if allowed:unsure:. Thought it would be quite good to go back to T8 lighting tubes.As the only existing T8 lighting luminaire I have is for a much bigger tank I had a look around. Many of the advertised T8 luminaires come up as out of stock? or discontinued or many companys just dont do them in favour of expensive LEDs. Cant help feeling they are abandoning these qiuck maybe. The rendition T8 (and T5s) give are as good as any lighting IMO the demand for this lighting is still there

2. Keith

Keith Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Paraguay

It's possibly the LFS's make more money on Hi Tech equipment. Its the same with the old reliable UG filters no after sales required.

I never went Hi Tech or ever intended but today many beginners want to start of that way and wonder why they are having concerns.

Keith:cathug::cathug:

Paraguay likes this.
  3. Paraguay

Paraguay Member

Address:
    United Kingdom
    Concept of LED aquarium lighting is quite new, not long ago many companys ADA included didnt go the LED route not convinced they said. All of a sudden they develop their own brands and its then "the best lighting". I get the long life and energy saving as opposed to fluorescent but like vinyl records theres always a market

TimHarrison and Keith like this.