1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome, basilionne

Discussion in 'New Members Introductions' started by Jason King, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Jason King

Jason King Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Address:
    United Kingdom
    Hi basilionne,

Welcome to Glass Box Gardeners.

Please tell us about yourself. We are interested to know what type of tank/s you keep or would like to keep eg Aquariums, Terrariums etc?

How did you find Glass Box Gardeners Forums? Via Google? Link?

Enjoy your stay

2. basilionne

basilionne New Member

Address:
    United States
    Hello all.
    I have always loved the aesthetic of terrariums.
    I am new to the serious plant-keeping. It started when I finally indulged in the purchase of a couple of marimos. Then I started getting really into water plants and now I have a 10-gallon and a 5-gallon tank with an assortment of fairly easy-to-keep submersed specimens.
    I also have a betta, a couple oto catfish, two mystery snails (in the 10-gal) and shrimp with some little oopsie-snails (in the 5-gal). My next project is a small plot of emersed plants in more of a shallow glass dish. I also have an apothecary jar that would make for a mighty fine terrarium.
    I dream of having something closer to a 30-gallon shallow tank with some of the more demanding plants and aquafauna.
    I spend a lot of time looking at pretty images of plants and gleaning bits of information about their keeping. I found this forum when I was googling buyer reviews of aquatic substrate.

TimHarrison and Paraguay like this.
  3. Keith

Keith Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Address:
    Australia
    Hello Basil
    A very big welcome to GBG even if it is very late. I had three Aquarium tanks until it became too much for me they are all Terrariums now other than watering and misting they look after themselves now.

Keith:cathug::cathug:

4. moss-maniac

moss-maniac Custom Text
    V.I.P Member

Address:
    Germany
    Welcome from Bavaria, Basilionne -

looking forward to see some of your work and ideas.(y)

Keith likes this.